Friday, November 9, 2012

Na Trang


Na Trang is a 5 star beach/spa resort with a few hotels on the outskirts for the back packers.
I learnt to body surf as the conditions were perfect and decided that it's lots of fun. I then returned to the hotel and emptied out half a beach into the shower.
I was also introduced to Vietnamese cocktail buckets. This is where you get given a plastic container very similar to the ones that you get peanuts in at Christmas time, containing about three quarters of a pint of cocktail. Alcohol is cheap here and they don't stint on that part, so we reckon probably about 6-8 measures. You then drink it all by yourself quite quickly as you are thirsty and then your husband laughs at your inability to walk home.
I went for a massage which was lovely. I must be relaxed though as at one point she had her knee in my back and was pressing down with most of her weight and it didn't hurt one bit. Afterwards we had a conversation and she explained to me about why the resort is full of Russians. Apparently the flights are easy to this resort, they come for several months, stay in the posh hotels and have a massage every day. She felt they were nieve and as the Vietnamese had so much more access to foreigners they were able to fill the Russians in on how things are in our world. I guess Vietnam is nearer to some parts of Russia than Europe in more ways than one.


2 comments:

  1. You are relaxed. That's good. Cocktail Buckets for the Win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they say "can I get Monsieur a bucket?" ?

    ReplyDelete